Connect with us

POLITICS

Buhari paid ransom to Boko Haram for Chibok girls’ release – Jonathan’s ex-aide, Omokri

Published

on

Reno Omokri, former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has claimed that President Muhammadu Buhari paid ransoms to Boko Haram terrorists to release school girls who were kidnapped from Government Secondary School in Chibok, Borno State.

He also claimed that the money was used by Boko Haram to buy weapons to kill Nigerians and foreigners.

Omokri said this while reacting to the fresh hope given by Buhari on Chibok girls’ release.

DAILY POST recalls that Buhari had on Saturday assured parents of the school girls, who were kidnapped from Government Secondary School in Chibok, Borno state, that his administration is intensifying efforts to secure their release five years after.

April 14, 2019 will mark the fifth year, after over a 100 girls were taken away by suspected Boko Haram insurgents.

In a statement signed by Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu and forwarded to DAILY POST, the president revealed that “interlocutors have reported encouraging progress so far”.

He said: “President Buhari promised the parents when he met them, at the beginning of his first term as president, that he would bring their daughters home.

“He is aware that this promise he made is the main reason the people of Chibok voted overwhelmingly for him in the February elections, and although his government has so far succeeded in bringing back 107 of the girls, the President will not rest until the remaining are reunited with their families.”

But reacting, Omokri on his Twitter page on Sunday, wrote: “Dear President @MBuhari,

“This is dishonesty at its peak. You DID NOT bring back ANY of the #ChibokGirls. You paid RANSOMS to Boko Haram to release the girls.

“Monies Boko Haram then used to buy weapons to kill Nigerians and foreigners even till this day.”

Trending